Virtual Tour of Our New Location...
5808 Grove Avenue (Opening Spring 2014)
Stock the Resource Center!
We are so thankful and excited to move into our new location this spring! As we move in, please consider a "house warming" gift and help us stock the Resource Center!
You can donate a resource through Amazon or locally through Book People. Here are the resources we are in need of...
Thank you so much for your consideration and your help in filling this new place that God has so graciously provided!
Upcoming Community Event...
Should Christians Embrace Darwin?: Two Christian Scholars Debate the Scientific Evidence
with Dr. Karl Giberson (representing the Theistic Evolution view), co-author with Francis Collins of The Language of Science and Faith: Straight Answers to Genuine Questions
and Dr. Stephen Meyer (representing the Intelligent Design view), author of the New York Times bestseller Darwin’s Doubt: The Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design
Hosted by St. Giles Presbyterian Church
Thursday, April 3
7:00 - 9:00pm
Details and Registration
Why a Study Center in Richmond?
“For all the faithful, demonstrated Christianity there is in Richmond, there is little that supports that work theologically. The Richmond Center for Christian Study fills that gap by providing thoughtful teaching and discussion of both the great truths of the Christian faith and the challenges presented by the issues current in our society.
In addition, the Center is a unifying agent in the culture of Richmond, bringing together Christian and non-Christian, Church, parachurch and university, simple folk and more rigorous academics by the breadth of its programs. Few organizations can do this well, but the Richmond Center for Christian Study is positioned to provide a place where honest answers to honest questions can be found.”
~ Dr. Drew Trotter
Executive Director, Consortium of Christian Study Centers
Board of Directors: Dr. Mark Becton, Rev. Jeff Butler, Rev. Don Coleman, Rev. Chris Daniel, Dr. Terrill Wade
Partner Churches: Aletheia Richmond, All Saints Reformed Presbyterian Church, Beaverdam Baptist Church, Centralia Presbyterian Church, Commonwealth Chapel, Grace Bible Church, Grace Community Baptist Church, Grove Avenue Baptist Church, KingsWay Community Church, Old Powhatan Baptist Church, Redemption Hill, St. Giles Presbyterian Church, St. Matthew's Episcopal Church, Staples Mill Road Baptist Church, Stony Point Reformed Presbyterian Church, Sycamore Presbyterian Church, Village Church, West End Presbyterian Church (Hopewell)
National Affiliation: Consortium of Christian Study Centers
The Richmond Center for Christian Study is not established as a ministry on the University of Richmond campus, nor is there a formal relationship between the Richmond Center for Christian Study and the University of Richmond.
- 03/20/14 at 08:00 PM The Truth Project
- 03/27/14 at 08:00 PM The Truth Project
- 04/03/14 at 07:00 PM Should Christians Embrace Darwin?: Two Christian Scholars Debate the Scientific Evidence (with Dr. Karl Giberson representing the Theistic Evolution view and Dr. Stephen Meyer representing the Intelligent Design view)
- 04/10/14 at 08:00 PM The Truth Project
- 04/17/14 at 08:00 PM The Truth Project
- 01/17/14 Study Center Virtual Tour
- 01/15/14 Lease Signed Today! - Call for Volunteers! - Stock the Resource Center!
- 09/19/13 Richmond Study Center Places 4th in Amazing Raise 2013 - Receives $35,000 in Gifts, Grants and Matches!
- 04/05/13 National Affiliation Group Highlights Richmond Study Center and The Hobbit
- 11/20/12 “Is Everything Sad Going to Come Untrue?”: Eschatology in the Lord of the Rings (by Dr. Michael J. Kruger, Nov 9 speaker and President of Reformed Theological Seminary - Charlotte)